Culinary and Wine Tourism
Call for Papers/Participation
Due to numerous requests we are happy to announce that we extended the deadline for Abstract submissions for the 3rd Culinary and Wine Tourism Conference in Krems. Extended and final deadline is MONDAY, MAY 15th (midnight).
CWTC17 invites scholars from all over the world. It provides an opportunity for tourism researchers, interested practitioners and young academics to exchange research, ideas and practical experiences regarding culinary and wine tourism. New and emerging directions in research and practice in this field will be presented and discussed.
The scientific committee welcomes theoretical and applied research contributions in the form of extended, structured abstracts.
Examples for relevant topics include the following:
- Products – microeconomic aspects, profitability of culinary and/or wine tourism products, innovation, legal aspects, marketing strategies and special offers of tourism organizations and vintners.
- Tourists – different segments of culinary/wine tourists, attitudes/values/preferences as well as customer journey aspects, consumer behavior / insights and destination choice, emotional attachments and brand/place bonding.
- Regions – co-operations / partnerships in regions, added value, macroeconomic effects, destination development, marketing, industry structure / analysis, legal aspects, marketing strategies.
- Experiences – experiential consumption and innovative culinary experiences, cultural aspects, fascination of culinary and/or wine tourism, passion & sensuality, storytelling, history and tradition of culinary and/or wine tourism.
- Contemporary Issues – wine architecture, sustainability, blogging, social media, eMarketing, culinary and wine related media ventures.
The conference also welcomes papers addressing other significant advances related to culinary and wine tourism.
The conference language is English. All accepted contributions need to be presented at the conference by at least one of the authors. All submissions will be double blind peer reviewed prior to the event. Presentations of 15 minutes each will be grouped in thematic sessions.
- Submission Deadline for Abstracts: March 31st
- Acceptance notification: June 15th
- Early bird registration: June 30th
- Registration deadline: September 15th
All contributors to the CWTC17 are invited to publish full papers in the Journal of Gastronomy and Tourism, a multidisciplinary journal inviting research contributions that imaginatively and comprehensively investigate dimensions of food and eating in relation to travel and tourism. Please find detailed information about the journal in the attached file (GAT_Special-Issue).